The Flatpack Pill is an official collaboration with Terra Kendama, reinventing their classic “Pill” juggling toy as a flatpack model kit. Pop the pieces out of the disc & fit them together to build a beautiful, highly functional wood toy.
The Pill is Patent Pending US 13/554,518.
The Flatpack Pill includes slots to slide in Canadian or American Nickels and increase the weight for greater playability. It weighs 47g per half without coins, or 67g per half with all 16 coins in.
Made & designed in the USA. Lasercut from 1/8″ Birch & packed in a hand-screened record sleeve. Coins not included.
Gently slide the pieces together. Please be careful and take your time to ensure the best fit.
Glue is not required, but strongly recommended for heavy play.
1. Slide together the center frame (A & B)
2. Slide F side pieces onto the frame parallel to one another. Slide two nickels (P) onto one side of B.
3. Slide “E” into place to lock the nickels in. Slide more nickels sideways into the slots of A. (TIP: To achieve a standard weight of 62g, only slide in 1 nickel per side at this step for a total of 6 nickels per pill half.)
4. Slide nickels into the final B slots. Push E down into place.
5. Press G down into place.
1. Slide together the center frame (C & D)
2. Slide F side pieces onto the frame parallel to one another. Slide two nickels (P) onto one side of C.
3. Slide “E” into place to lock the nickels in. Slide more nickels sideways into the slots of D. (TIP: To achieve a standard weight of 62g, only slide in 1 nickel per side at this step for a total of 6 nickels per pill half.)
4. Slide nickels into the final B slots. Push C down into place.
5. Press the gate rings (HIJ&K) into place, one at a time, starting with the smallest hole and ending with the “K” Cover.
Thread string through holes near the bottoms of the halves to tie them together. Have fun!
The Flatpack Pill is designed to be played. However, wood is naturally inconsistent and some pieces may be fragile. Please take care when assembling
How was the Flatpack Pill made?
The Flatpack Pill was lasercut in the USA from 1/8″ birch plywood. It was based on The Pill by Terra Kendama, and Alex from Terra personally approved the design (along with suggesting the nickel weight system.) Drew handled the product design & graphics, Hank managed all of the machining & screenprinting.
Who is behind this project?
44RPM was founded by Hank Freeman & Drew Tetz, two professional yoyoers & best bros looking to explore the creative side of the skill toy scene. Hank is a three time world yo-yo champion living in Prague, Drew is the 2014 trick innovator of the year working as a graphic designer in New York.
Terra Kendama is a Canadian company specializing in hand-turned kendamas and making huge waves in the skilltoy world with their “Pill” toy.
Can the Flatpack Pill be played with?
Yes! The Penny is fully functional and designed to be played with.
The unique construction of the Flatpack Pill makes it a little more delicate than traditional pills. For this reason, we recommend that you use caution when performing difficult tricks prone to drops.
Do the toys need glue?
The Flatpack Pill will press fit & hold together on its own for display or light play. However, we strongly recommend the use of glue for maximum playability.